Thursday, May 31, 2012

Time flies when you are a stress monster!

Wow - I just logged on and realized that I have not made an entry since before school started. Well, what can I say about RN school?? In some ways it is exactly what I heard, and in others it is completely different. I had heard horror stories about the teachers and how they are so mean, well so far-so good on that part. I got along very well with all of my teachers and I somehow managed to pull off a 4.0 in my first 3 classes. I had every intention of busting my ass, but I thought I would bust it for a "C" - sure shocked me! I am on the policy committee and I was invited to speak to the incoming students for next semester. I think that was a great experience because not only did they get to hear what the teachers have to say, they got to hear the perspective of two students (me and my girl Ashley). Hopefully they will implement that every semester so people aren't so darn freaked out - "Look, we survived" haha I have been getting chest x-rays and pet scans ever since the transplant and it has been all clear for 16 months now - can you believe it has been that long?? I just hope this damn cancer stays away forever this time, that sure was a pain in the ass :o) I might be losing my health insurance in September so hopefully I stay clear until I graduate and can get a job....fingers crossed! So...my hair. I don't even know what to say about that! It grows like a weed, it is super thick and super curly - which is completely different than what I had before. It is dark brown and grey (so of course I started to color it)and most of the time it looks like I have an afro..hehehe BUT, that is WAY better than what I had a year ago - so I manage the beast the best I can. This stupid blog won't let me upload pictures right now...so you are just going to have to hold onto your seat until I can make it work...hehehe I hope everyone is doing well and continuing to fight the good fight! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment