Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where have I been? What have I been doing?

Well, it has been a long time since I wrote to you all. I would say that I have been busy saving the world, or running triathlons - but I would be a liar! What I have been doing is this....

So, you all know that I applied to the RN program after 5 years of busting my butt to get there. I was accepted as an alternate back in May and pretty much got told to hurry up and wait...and wait...and wait. There was a meeting in September for people that got in and people that were alternates, like me. I went to the meeting and there were not a ton of people there, YES!!! I found out that there were approximately 16 alternates, and quite honestly I didn't care! I was #9, the only person in that room that I cared if she got in was #10...meaning I did too! At said meeting, we were scheduled for our TEAS test, mine was on November 4th. Some more hurry up and wait...

Here comes November 4th, like lightning fast. I studied just enough to make me scared to death that I didn't study enough (that made little to no sense, but if you know me, you know what I am talking about). This test was basic skills of reading, math, English language and science. I knew I had the English and reading nailed, math scared the crap out of me and DUH, I am a science major - piece of cake. Took the 3 hour test, and got the results immediately - I PASSED!! Got myself a 77% and all I needed was a 62% - Good enough for me! This is the one time since I started school that I was happy with a "C" grade. My the way - I got in the 97th percentile nationwide in math and 60% in science! Hahaha! What the heck!

They told us that we should hear if we got in the following week. I could not stand it and started emailing the secretary 3 days later, and then a few days after that. I was going NUTS! And then it happened, November 14th I got the call! I'm in!!! I cried walking through Bed, Bath & Beyond!

So, today I sit here freaking out with a 10+ anxiety level, no longer so sure of myself, scared to death - because next Tuesday, my dream comes true and I finally start nursing school! The funny thing is that the things I am freaked about are traffic, making it to school on time, having to now afford gas money for me to drive 400 miles a week and wishing I lived closer to the freeway. I have no fear about learning, busting my ass with homework, or getting it done. So, I guess that is a good thing right? Next December I will graduate, and THAT is freaking awesome!!!

Since it has been a hot minute since you have seen me, if you are not a Facebook friend...here are a few more recent pictures :o)

xoxo ~ Joni



No comments:

Post a Comment