Friday, October 1, 2010

I think I am in labor!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

So, yesterday I decided that since Kelly and I are both stuck at home doing nothing, that we may as well do it together and I went to go see her. Yesterday was officially her due date and that girl is 10 months pregnant! It is time to get that little boy out of her, and we are just the team to do it...right? WRONG! Not yesterday anyhow!!

We decided to go to the mall and walk around...which eventually led to the spending of gift cards and dollars...we are NOT a good influence on one another when it comes to shopping. You should see the bear outfit that my little nephew got yesterday. Oh, yea..you will notice that I will not be using his name - I know it, but I'm not telling because I like the head that is attached to my shoulders and I do not want to part with it anytime soon...you will know when the rest of the world knows :o) Neener, neener, neener!! hehe

Anyhow, we walked Barnes & Noble and then the Montclair Plaza - which is like a graveyard now a days - then Borders. Both of us got tired by the time we were at Borders and plopped our asses on the floor and read through baby books. We are a team of cancer patient and preggo chick..if we want to sit on the floor in the middle of the store - we will! We spent our fair share of money and decided to go home. I did hit every pot hole and speed bump in my path...we were desperate! We sat on the couch for a while watching TV and coming up with things to do to get this boy out. I wish I had a video camera...that poor girl did squats, jumping jacks and crunches while I laughed my ass off! Did I mention that we are both into instant gratification and the fact that 6 crunches did not produce a baby kinda pissed us off? LOL So, we ate a drumstick..nothing! Then we decided to go for a walk in 900 degree humid weather....still nothing! The only thing that did was burn off maybe 1/4 of the drumstick that we had each just inhaled.

What the hell, does this kid not WANT to come out? We have a theory that he knows we are getting irritated and he is afraid to come out, so we did say a few nice things to the tummy to assure him that we are not mad...its okay to come see us! Yea...you guessed it..THAT didn't work either! At this point, I had been there for like 8 hours so I decided I had better get on the road home...knowing full well that I would get alllll the way to my exit and she would call and say "It's time" and I would have to turn around...NOPE!! NOTHING!!! hehehehe

I woke up this morning and my back is killing me!! Evidently our efforts have worked and I AM IN LABOR!!! Holy crap! I guess I over exerted myself with all that exercise (yea..a couple hours of walking is exercise lately) whew!! Oh well, it was all worth it and I had a good time doing it. I have popped a few Tylenol and am ready for when Kelly calls and does say "it's time". No more mall walks though, that crap is for the birds!!

Team Joni has really kicked it into high gear...we have raised $1890.00 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I am tickled!! Thank you to everyone involved....I never imagined we would get this far...I am humbled!

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/InlandEm10/Teamjoni

Last night's Grey's Anatomy had the best line ever and reminded me why our girlfriends are placed into our lives.....because they get us and know just what to say to "fix" us!! I am not going to set up the entire scenario..but it went a little like this... Meridith and Christina laying on the floor, Meridith tells Christina she should go back to McArmy..he busts in and makes this speech about how he ain't leaving and will stick with her (blah blah blah), Christina says lets go home and TAAA DAAAA.... Meridith tells him "I already fixed her before you came, but that was a nice speech" hahahaha I LOVE IT!! And this, my friends is why we all have our "person" :o)

xoxo - Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment