Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Humpty Dumpty....

...sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty together again. What a stupid egg...why would an egg sit on a wall??? And why can't I remember who actually put that stupid egg back together? And why do I care? Hahahaha I have no idea, but when I opened my blog page, that is the first thing that came to my head....so there you have it! No, I have not lost my mind....although I am going a bit stir crazy sitting in this house! Sure am glad I am not an egg...

Anyhow...Not too much to report other than a few little random things. I chopped 2 more inches off of my hair on Sunday morning. Now, just because the first haircut looked professional, does not mean that I am in any way qualified to cut hair...seriously! Thank goodness my mom came over on Monday and fixed the hack job that I did. I actually only did bad on the back, the front and sides were actually pretty even. Here are a few pics...




On another note...I finally took the steri-strips off of my stitches where my port was placed and I was happy to see that it does not stick up very much. I was worried that it would be raised more and be way more noticeable (yea, like me running around bald as a billiard ball isn't going to be noticed...ha ha). The only thing about it is that you can totally see the wire that runs from the port up into my jugular..through my skin!! EWWWWWWWW Me no likey that look, but it could always be worse! I think I have already mentioned that the port is used to give me chemo and draw blood, it goes right into my bloodstream. They do have to poke through the skin to access it, but it is better than using my arms (which in my case, are shot). Also, a little bit of info for ya...they can either put ice, freeze spray or a lidocaine shot in/on the port site before accessing it so the needle is not so bad, but I think I am going to try to wear my big girl panties and just do it - hell I have been through a lot worse than a little needle stick! (I will let you know how tough I actually am next time I get poked...LOL) So....here is a picture of that...check out the wire above the tape - nasty!!


I think I forgot to mention previously...they finally told me what stage cancer I have, which is officially Hodgkin's Lymphoma, nodular sclerosing type, Stage 2B. The reason for stage 2 is that it is on both sides of my chest and the B is because I have other symptoms (such as night sweats and itching). Nodular sclerosing refers to the arrangement of the cells under the microscope. Even though I am only stage 2B, they have to treat me as though I am stage 4 because of the recurrence, therefore the transplant. So, that's that!

Sooooo, I just got an email notification that Light the Night is doing contests over the next week and the first one was announced today. The person that gets the most donations from 7:00am tomorrow until 7:00am Friday will get a special prize at the walk. Well, with my competitive nature, you know that I will be hitting it hard...so get those $5.00 bills out kids!! BUT WAIT until tomorrow to donate them....ha ha!

Tonight is wig shopping night with my mom and Allison...just like we did 18 years ago. The only difference is this time I am excited...last time I was a total bitch and would not try on anything...I was not happy about it and I was not going to cooperate. I made Allison, Kim and my mom try on wigs and I refused...finally I put one on and said "fine". Sooo...we shall see what color and style I come up with tonight...this is gonna be FUN!!! Of course, I will send pics!

Lastly, I am still on Baby-Watch 2010!! For those of you that don't know, my "person" (yes, she is the Christina to my Meredith - and vise versa sometimes) Kelly is due to POP any minute now. So I am just waiting for the call and I will be there as coach Joni on "Team Kelly's" to help get my little nephew into this world of ours. I can't wait....so I better go take a shower!

xoxo - Joni

1 comment:

  1. Hey Love Bug, It was "All the Kings Horses and all the Kings Men" that put that dumb egg back together. I'm curious what qualifications they had for such a difficult task.
    I think you should get a sharpie and get someone to draw something beautiful on that icky wire!
    Love you Seester!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete