Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bald is....different

Last Friday Bret and I went out to dinner at the Big Cheese and I wore a beanie on my head. The beanie was really itchy because my hair is falling out so much and it itches whenever I put something on my head. So, Bret told me to take it off and be comfortable (he is being SUPER supportive!)...soooo I whipped that thing right off of my head! In a very crowded restaurant...and I really didn't care! The only thing that bothered me was that little kids stared a bit, it didn't bother me so much as I was worried about scaring them. But, it is what it is so I muscled through it. After dinner, we decided to go to a local bar and watch the band play and have a couple beers (I had 2). I sat there the whole time we were there with my bald head and it wasn't an issue. We actually had some people talk to us about it and they complimented me on my good attitude about all of it...which is nice to hear.

Saturday Allison, my mom and myself went wig shopping and I got two of the same one in different colors. We had a good time trying all kinds of stuff on my head! I think we picked some pretty good ones. Here is a picture of one of them...

I cut some wispy bangs on this one which helped for the hairline area...and I really like it. Now, if the rest of my hair will just fall off so I can wear these wigs comfortably, I will be ready to rock and roll! Just can't do it yet because they are uncomfortable due to the itching and pain of my hair falling out. Speaking of which, here is what I looked like this morning! Dramatic difference from last week huh!! eeekkkk!! I am losing the GI Jane look and going straight into Daddy Warbucks!!


Chemo round 2 started yesterday and so far, so good. I have my take home pump attached right now and I feel okay...tired, but okay. I know that by tomorrow I am going to be feeling a little crappy and Friday will be worse.....But this is saving my life so I can deal with it for a little while!

Light The Night!
OMG - I cannot believe that we have reached over $3000.00 I never thought that we would get this far and I am sooo excited! Next year I am setting the team goal at $10,000 and I know we can do it. We only had about 6 weeks this year since I signed up late, next year we will have a lot more time so we can do it for sure! For this years walk, it is not too late to donate http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/InlandEm10/Teamjoni This is the link to the team page, you can click on individual walkers and donate in their name. My new goal is to get every walker to their $100.00 goal so they can get their balloon and Team Joni can light the night big time! We have around 35 walkers on our team and it would be awesome if we were all lit up! So, if you plan on donating - even $5.00 - please choose an individual who has not hit $100 yet. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you all again for your love and support!!!

xoxo - Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment