Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today's entry is dedicated to.....

TEAM JONI!!!!




Which includes everyone that walked with the team, donated to the cause, volunteered at the event, and that those that have been sending their thoughts and prayers. I cannot begin to say how humbled I am by the amount of support that this team has generated and given! A lot of people have told me lately that I inspire them, well Team Joni inspires me! To date our team has made $4230.52 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! As team captain, my initial goal was only $1500.00 and I thought with such short notice that we would never make it. All of the sudden I am upping the goal twice to $3000.00...and Holy Cow - we broke through all the way past $4000.00!! AND - the best part is that it is not too late to donate! If anyone missed the walk date, that's okay, you can still take part and donate all the way up to December 31st! Here is that link (In case you missed it - lol) http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/InlandEm10/JKennedy

This by no means is a one-time thing! Team Joni has now been established and next year our initial goal is going to be 10K!!! And I know we can do it, if we could accomplish so much this year with such a small amount of time, I know we can get to 10K with no problem! And next year the wheelchair can be used to carry snacks - not me!! I have so many ideas for fundraising it's unreal!! One of which was inspired by the Cowden kids...they each raised their own $100 by taking fliers to school and writing letters to family members out of state - I think next year we should have a letter writing/flyer making workshop day with all the kids on the team! We will call it The Cowden Workshop!! :o) (can you tell I am just a little excited about the possibilities of our team's potential??) hehehe

I must say that the planets must have been perfectly aligned on October 16th, because it was 2 days after 3 days of chemotherapy and for all intents and purposes I should have been sick as a dog....BUT I wasn't!!! I did rest all day on Friday and Saturday, but once Saturday night came I felt amazingly good! I would not have been able to walk the 2 miles (thank goodness for garage sale wheelchairs!!), but I was able to hang with my team and last through the night. The power of Team Joni was definitely a factor in that!!

I could go on for days and days about how proud I am...but I will stop here and let you enjoy some of the photo's from the night! I have a lot more, so if anyone wants copies, let me know and I will email them to you!!




























THANK YOU TEAM JONI!!!!

xoxo - Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment