Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bald is beautiful dammit!

Well, by the title of my blog I am sure you can guess...YES I am bald now!! My hair started falling out a little on Saturday and has gotten worse as the days go on. Once it started, I let Allison know that it would soon be "time"...meaning time to shave it off! You should all know me by now and know there is a story to everything I say...so I will now take you back 18 years! (HA and you thought you would see pictures of my bald ass right away!!! hehehe)

So....Once upon a time I was 17, diagnosed with cancer, had a bestie that stood by me no matter what. What always amazed me was that she was so strong and she stayed strong with me throughout everything...Allison was my rock. When I was in the hospital, she was there...eating my beef stroganoff so the nurses thought I ate ;o)and calling my nurse when I wouldn't call them. Al was there and no matter what, I could count on her...and now 18 years later, I can count on her again!
Okay...now we will talk about why bald is beautiful! My damn hair started falling out in chunks 2 days ago. I told Allison that it was time for her to shave it and she let me know she was ready....and tonight ended up being the night! Soooo we pulled the trigger and now..I have no damn hair!

I am not scared, I am not upset...I am just a litle bald! I am beautiful, I rock and I will get through this!

xoxo - Joni

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Hair or no hair, you are beautiful. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great know matter what !!!! Allison did a great job. Love ya

    ReplyDelete