Saturday, September 4, 2010

Team Joni...

I thought I would take a minute to say Thank You to all of you that have joined "Team Joni"!! Everyone is saying that I am an inspiration, when I think it is you all that are. Even though I am the tough chick, it means so much to me that you all have my back! I take you on this journey of mine because it helps me get stuff out, and also it helps you understand just what it is that is going on...I mean you can't really support and pray when you don't know what it is that you are supporting or praying for :o)

For those of you that don't already know, I got the news on Thursday that I definitely have Hodgkin's Lymphoma again. The pathology report confirmed Hodgkin's and that there is no indication of Non-Hodgkin's - which is great! Non-Hodgkin's is more unpredictable than Hodgkin's and has a worse prognosis. So, this is actually a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

I have also been thinking that I want to participate in a cancer walk again this year. Two years ago, I was the captain of "The Rack Pack" at the City of Hope Walk for the Cure. I would like to either participate in that walk again this year, or Light the Night, which is a fundraising walk for blood cancers. Either way, I will need to act fast to get "Team Joni" going since both walks are coming up in the next two months. Even if I have to be pushed in a wheelchair, this is pretty important so I would like to do this! If anyone wants to join me, let me know and we can figure out which walk and start a team :o) If I am not able to participate, I will definitely donate and will put a link on my page in case anyone else wants to as well.

Here is a pic from a speech I did at school after the walk, it was a informative speech and I was attempting to convince my class to support breast cancer research....I got an A+ :o)


Today has been a pretty good day, I washed my hair and my body (by the way sponge baths suck!!!), shaved and even put a little make up on! Bret and the boys did a lot of housework and the house looks nice. I have moved to the couch, since I am making a hole in the bed, and I folded some laundry. I feel human today and as long as the vicodin works, I am superwoman again!! haha I think I am going to have the boys give me my first hair cut later on today...just a few inches to start..we will get crazy when it starts to fall out :o)

Off to find a movie to watch...have a great day everyone!

xoxo- Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment