Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So far, so good

Got the medi-port thing put in on Monday and it was not so bad. I was awake for the procedure and the worst part was the sticking with the lidocaine needles. All I really felt was some pressure and moving of the port for placement. I did get some Valium and morphine so I was a little loopy, but still talked through the whole thing...yup thats me! Then....I got home and the numbness wore off and that son-of-a-gun started to hurt...damn! I took a vicodin and that hardly did anything and was pretty miserable for the rest of the night...oh well it is just another step in this getting better process.

Chemo finally started yesterday and it was a piece of cake! I got one chemo and a steroid and anti-nausea meds. Came home and relaxed the rest of the day, just in case. Went to bed and slept okay, the port is still pretty sore though so every time I had to get up it was difficult. I have to drink 2 liters of fluid daily to help my kidney's and bladder, so needless to say, I get up a LOT! Had chemo today which consisted of three different ones, one of which is attached to me right now on a 24 hour pump. I am feeling really tired today, but trying to be a trooper and hang with the family a little bit...this is not going to last very long :o(
GRRRR gonna go kick cancer butt!



Monday night, Kris came over with a care package for me that was put together by her and a few of her friends. It was amazing and I was totally speechless (which we all know does NOT happen too often). Thank you to all that were involved! Once this is over I want to pay it forward and help someone else!! Here is a pic of all the goodies that they brought to me :o)


Me & Kris ♥

Light the Night is AMAZING! We have raised over $1400.00 and have over 20 walkers on Team Joni!!! This is great, keep up the good work friends and family. I can't wait until October 16th!! Please keep passing the word along and keep up the momentum for our team :o)

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/InlandEm10/Teamjoni

I will give you another update soon!!!

xoxo - Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment