Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Bash!

In 8 days I will be officially in my late 30's - haha I will be 36...aka 29 again! We had my birthday party last night and had a great time! I got to see my cousins that I have not seen in a few years, it was sooooo great to hang out with you Amber & Misty!! Old friends, new friends, family and my Hawaii family were all here! Ty let us use the margarita machine and it was a hit! Whew, thank goodness we don't own that thing, it is dangerous!! haha Polly and Joey went from the maybe list to surprising me and coming - YAY!! There was even a little reunion between Joey and Michael who worked together years ago...small world huh! Bret played the clown for all of our entertainment and had a thing with high fives and super powers...I don't know what was going on there, but he was a crack up! We did have a lot of people RSVP that didn't make it so Sharon got a HUGE cake and now I will be eating cake for a week!! I expect you people to all drive out here and get yourselves a piece of cake dammit!! :o) And with that party, my drinking days are officially over - no alcohol while on chemo! So, if anyone is in the market for a bald and barfing designated driver - I'm your gal! Here are some of the pictures from the party...
Me and Kris
Gene and Lucinda
Joey, Patty and Polly
Krista and Matt
The Kohlers
Misty and Amber
Erin
Silly!!



Tomorrow I get my medi-port put in and I am not looking forward to that one bit! It is a surgical procedure and I will be AWAKE while they install it - WTF!! A central line put into my freaking chest and they want to keep me awake..these people must be on drugs!! Speaking of drugs..they had better give me a bunch of them! The damn insurance company took a week and a half to approve the port, so I am getting it put in the day before my first chemo. This means that it is going to be sore as hell the first time a needle has to be poked into it the next day. The nurse said I can have some numbing stuff or ice so it doesn't hurt so bad, but I am still not too thrilled about it. Oh well, it is what it is and if this is what it takes to get me better then, that is what we do! Gotta put my big girl pants on and suck it up!

Next Saturday Allison, my mom and I are going wig shopping....just like we did 18 years ago! Hopefully Kim can come too and it will be just like old times - haha Bretty might be joining us, which would be cool as he is going to have to see me the most with this horses tail stuck on my head for a while, so it would be nice if he liked what we pick - hahaha

Light the Night is still going strong! We now have $1265.00 as a team...AWESOME!!! I think I am going to bump the team goal up to $2000.00, I know we can do it for such a great cause!!! I did find out that I will have chemo the week of the walk, so I will be in the market for renting a wheelchair because I don't think there is any way that I will be able to walk 2 miles, 2 days after 3 days worth of chemo...BUT I WILL BE THERE, even if I get pushed in that damn chair the whole time!! Here is that link again for anyone interested in donating, volunteering or joining Team Joni as a walker http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/InlandEm10/Teamjoni

My Steelers won again today - with a 4th string QB (just wanted to throw that in there since I am sitting here in my Steelers shirt next to my Terrible Towels :o)

That's it for now, gotta go clean this huge mess of a house! Party's should come with a cleaning crew!

xoxo - Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment