Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just started thinking..........

For some reason I opened the cupboard in the kitchen to put something away and thought "wow, it is going to be a while before I complain about this again" lol But really I got to thinking about the things that I do, that I will not do......albeit trivial, for a long time. Almost every morning I make coffee, twice a week I wake kids and get them going, every other weekend I wait for kids to wake, I do dishes, I vacuum, I dust, I sweep, I play fetch with Elliott, I pet Sandie on her snout and give her treats, I randomly drive to Kelly's house to hang with her and Tanner, I pick Allison's kids up from school, I make Christmas suckers, I do laundry....etc, etc. I just realized that all of this is going to come to a screeching HALT (for a while) very soon! I am about to do something that not a lot of people do - I am getting a bone marrow transplant! Now, that part is not a big deal to me...the stuff that I will NOT do for 2 months is. I will miss my morning treats with my Sandie girl and Elliott, I will miss making coffee for Bret, I will miss....well laundry! I am going to be sitting in a room that is isolated from the world and the only person I have to deal with is me...and I am not all that interesting! I guess the reality of it all is beginning to hit me.....don't get me wrong, I am ready for it...but am I ready for it? hmmmmmm I think I am just tripping out about the fact that my "normal" trivial things are not going to be there for a long time.

Something else that is getting to me is that I read all about my hospital stay and what to expect....it is expected that I will be depressed and need counseling. That is unlike me and I am hoping it doesn't happen...although I will definitely talk to someone if need be.

Funny stuff...

The other day I took Elliott to the groomer and then ran to get gas and send my package to Afghanistan. Anyhow, I came home, opened the door and..........nothing! I thought "OMG where is Elliott??" I checked the back door to be sure it was shut, then thought he must have snuck out when I walked out the front door. And THEN reality slapped me upside the head...DUH dumbass...you left him at the groomer!! REALLY - this chemo brain crap is really getting old. I am not joking either...this really happened!!

Other stuff...

This, to me, does not sound right because I never ask anyone for anything...ever!! But people have been asking me what they can get me for my hospital stay, so here is what I have come up with....I think

Pajama bottoms - size large (juniors, medium in womens)
Henley-style shirts with buttons (large)
Burts Bees cuticle stuff
Chapstick
Socks
Slippers
Hard candies (lemon heads are super)
Zip up sweat shirts (large)
Crosswords & word searches
Books
Your love and visits to the hospital :o)

About the visits to the hospital...I can have visitors 24-7 as long as you are not sick or have not been exposed to sickies! All you need to do is come to my room and wash your hands for 15 seconds in antibacterial soap :o) I really really want visitors too ,god forbid I go crazy all alone and have to write even nuttier blogs!!! LMAO

Light the Night!!!
Today I got a Christmas card from Light the Night telling me that next years walk is on October 22nd...Team Joni plans on raising 10K and will be fundraising ASAP!! We also got a junk mail looking flyer in the mail from Light the Night...Me, being an awful person didn't even look at it (I was busy looking at Christmas cards). Landon and Bret opened it and we saw that it was a mini "yearbook" of the Light the Night walk...jokingly Landon said "there we are" hahaha Then we opened it up and on page 2, sure enough was Team Joni!!!! OMG!!!! I said "No, THERE we are!!!" I was so excited!! Team Joni is famous! So, you know we can definitely raise 10K in 10 months if we raised $4200 in 6 weeks!!

So, that's my story for the second time today. I want my kids to know that I don't make them do dishes and vacuum to torture them...and I will miss telling them to do so. I want Bret to know that I will miss getting the coffee going in the morning, and nagging him to stop snoring at night. I want my dogs to know that I will give them ample amount of treats everyday when I get home. I want my mom to know that I will miss her never ending phone calls to see if I'm okay....becaue I love to hear her voice. I want Kelly and Tanner to know that I will miss our weekly visits. And I want you all to know that I WILL BE BACK so don't get use to it!!!

Again, I am sure this is not all I have to say so stay tuned for more as I think of it!!! :o)

xoxo - Joni

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I am the Campaign Coordinator for the Virginia Hampton Roads Light the Night Walks and we are working on our 2011 Newsletter. I was reading through your blog and noticed that you far exceeded your expectations of your team fundraising goal and are striving for an ever higher goal for 2011! That is WONDERFUL! I was wondering if you would be interested in writing a short post for our Newsletter to inspire our walkers and others who may be looking into Light the Night for 2011. Feel free to email me at:

    Lauren.Cecora@LLS.org

    Thank you so much for all that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete