Thursday, September 9, 2010

This and that......

Just some random junk that is going through my head....

1. Got my staples out on Wednesday and although I still feel like I was hit with a sledgehammer, it feels better without them and all of the bandages. Here is a lovely photo of what they did to me...And these are the people that are trying o HELP me!! haha


2. Dyed my hair red on Sunday (I may have already told you that) and thought it looked cute for all of 3 days. I am thinking that I will go with brown this weekend...the red is fading already and looks funny. So..here is a picture of that (don't worry, this isn't picture pages, this is the last one for this entry - hehe)


3. I asked the nurse the other day if this chemo that they are giving me is going to make my hair fall out. She kind of gave me a sad face and said "yes, it is" I think I may have shocked her with my answer of "good, because I better not have cut off 6" and colored it red for no reason - I am not a redhead" She laughed and said that she liked the color :o)

4. I have a new FB friend that shares mutual "real life" friends with me..haha..that is going through the same thing as me. Bret kept coming home and telling me about Eddie's buddy Chad that is going through this too and had the same thing as me. Then yesterday I got a friend request and the first post I see is him telling the story of MY life (not really, it was his...but it is exactly the same). As I read more, I saw that he said he could be in isolation for up to 45 days with the transplant! Ummmm I was NOT ready for that at all - BAM I am hit with a sledgehammer - AGAIN! So, I didn't sleep much last night, neither did Bret...and I looked it up on the internet this morning and sure-as-shit it says right there that the patient can be in isolation for 4-6 weeks!!! OMG!!! I was already in shock...now I am more in shock! I better read up more on this crap so I am ready for the blows before they hit me...at least I can brace myself!

5. I think I will finish the laundry and clean the living room today (these are my random thoughts...they can't all be that interesting - LOL)

6. I would like to Thank everyone that has donated to my Light the Night walk - you are awesome!! If anyone else would like to donate, please make your donations to Bret until he reaches $100.00 and then donate to my other team members, as we all need to raise at least $100.00 and so far I am at $350.00 so I have met my goal. I am so excited to be captain of Team Joni and can't wait to see those of you that are going to walk with me!!! And those of you that cannot make it, but were able to donate - again THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Here is the team link:

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ocie/InlandEm10/Teamjoni

7. I like the number 7

8. There are 18 more days until my birthday!!! Bret wants to have a party before I start chemo, we are thinking about September 18th, but not totally sure yet. I will let you know, because I want everyone there!! Holy crap - that is like one week - we better get our crap together if we are going to have a party!

I think that is it for now. I have had a lot of stuff buzzing around in my head so I will probably have some more random posts like this....it helps to clear my head a little. Thanks to everyone that has been supporting me with positive thoughts, words and your prayers - it means a lot to me!

xoxo Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment