Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surgery is tomorrow!

I got up this morning at 4:00 to get ready to go to the hospital for pre-op. Since my commute from Yucaipa to Ontario is usually about 45 minutes, I figured I had better leave early.....so I left the house at 5:00 and got to the hospital at 5:35..haha just a little bit early (had to be there at 6:00). Who would have thought that at 5:00am on Sunday morning there would be absolutely no traffic on the freeway! DUH!!!

Here is the latest:
I was examined by the doctor and he said that the biggest of the enlargements is above my heart, pushing down on it and the smaller ones are in the middle. It is actually the one that I can feel and is making my heart hurt. He is going to go in either from under my arm and through the ribs, or maybe have to make an incision on the top of the breast area....I told him I don't care what he cuts - just get this going :o) THEN - I got some good news!!! I asked him if he had the results of my abdomen and pelvic CT and he said yes and that they were CLEAR!!! YAY!! That is wonderful news! The doctor tagged my shoulder and I got a pretty pink bracelet, and was invited to spend the night in the hospital tomorrow night (well, I was told I was staying..haha). Looks like I am ready to rock and roll!!! I will update when I can...stay positive people!!

"X" Marks the spot!


New Jewelry



xoxo - Joni

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you Joni! Best wishes on a fast recovery from this minor bump on your highway to Nursing School! If anyone can pull through and stick to her plans, IT'S YOU!

    ReplyDelete