Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What have I been up to?

So, what have I been doing with all of my "free time"??? Mainly I just sit around this house bored out of my mind. It is almost as if recovery is the worst part of this whole process....well, for someone like me that is use to burning her candle at both ends. Although, I do have to admit that I have my limits and they are pretty limited. If I get a few loads of laundry and the carpet vacuumed in one day, that is a pretty productive day for me. My mind races all day and there is so much I want to do, but my body won't let me. I did start using my Wii Fit last week and managed to do 17 minutes on day 1 and 25 minutes on day 2...then we went camping so I haven't been on it for a few days. I am trying to slowly work my way up to actually feeling like I am working out. I am, however, thoroughly convinced that the step aerobics on that damn game was designed to kill me....I'm just saying!

Oh...and I changed my Wii Mii person to look more like me...Bwahahahaha I crack myself up!!!



Sooooo, lets talk about the camping trip, shall we?? It started out with a bang on my part...of course! So, I forgot the dogs leash and harness so we stopped at Rite Aid to get him one...why we didn't just come back home (3 blocks) I do not know! Anyhow, I get back in the truck and we are on our way with a new leash - no harness. A little while later I am bored in the truck and decide to open the leash, which had 3 zip ties on the package. I was going to try to cut thru them with my keys when Bret brilliantly suggested I use the knife in the console...NOOOOO BAD IDEA....STAY AWAY FROM THE KNIFE IDIOT!!!! I cut thru the first one and then the second without incident....and then it happened! The third one was a little one, requiring more umph to cut through....so there I go UMPH and then I scream "OUCH" followed by "OH SHIT" as the blood shoots out of my finger onto my brand new jeans!! Crap...low platelets = lots of blood when you stab the crap out of your finger with a sharp-ass knife! Thank goodness Bret has a little first aid kit in his glove compartment. A butterfly and a band-aid and I was good as new :o) It does hurt like a son-of-a-gun typing right now...but I do this for you and I hope I am giving you a good chuckle right now.

Back to camping....LOL We went to Bolsa Chica and got a beach side spot and it was beautiful out for the most part. We took the boys and they met some kids and played lots of kickball, baseball and soccer in the sand. Landon didn't even come in until after 9pm last night...and would have stayed longer had we not made him come eat. (Oh and speaking of eating...Bret made enchilada's, pizza and cinnamon rolls all on the bbq - it was awesome!!!) I was glad the boys met other kids because us having the dog there kind of hinders what we can do since we can't leave him alone. We are thinking that next time we go there, Elliott may have to stay home so we can have more fun...sorry pooch! Here are some pics from our trip....

Daylon sunning with Elliott....ummm someone forgot to take their socks off!


I'm not really a superhero - I just play one in a blog!


The boys playing ball at sunset


Still no hair - eeekkk!


Aweeee :o)


As you can see from the pictures above, I am still yet to grow a hair on my friggin head! They said that the radiation makes it take longer, but I was hoping to have something at this point...7 weeks out and not even peach fuzz. I am starting to think that I may be bald forever! So, I walked around the beach and camp without a hat and didn't care who saw. I went out in the front yard today without a hat as well. I figure if I am going to be bald, I may as well embrace it in small incriments. Don't get me wrong...this pisses the shit out of me and I want hair dammit - BUT I will remain positive and be happy with what I have - MY LIFE!!!

No new doctor visit info to report - only because someone effed up and didn't get my insurance approval over at UCLA, so they are working on it and hopefully I will see the doctor next week. Of course, you will get a full report when I do :o)

I think that's it for now...I am tired and want to sleep in my own bed!

Quote of the day:
"Honey don't worry you still a hottie"

xoxo - Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment