Friday, December 3, 2010

The clock is ticking...can you hear it?

Talked to my transplant coordinator yesterday to see what is going on with me and here is what I got... They are still waiting for one more test result from my doctor, which I know they have because he told me it was good last Tuesday!! So they sent over another fax asking for all of the information to submit to my insurance and she is going to mark it Urgent for approval. This means that the clock has started ticking, again! Sounds like I won't have to have that 4th round of chemo, if all goes right...but we will see. I will still have to do some chemo to mobilize the stem cells, but it will be nothing like what I have been doing...I.C.E. is no walk in the park! Anyhow, if this gets approved quick, it looks like I will be in the hospital for Christmas...oh well, it is what it is! Move over baby Jesus..there is a new birthday girl in town!!! lol

Today, I am going crazy! I have probably said this before, but I officially HATE staying at home! This is no vacation, it is not fun and if I had hair I would be ripping it out at this point! I gotta hand it to the stay at home mom's out there, because there is no way I could do this all the time. I hate to clean, I don't cook all that often and TV sucks! I have no attention span anymore so I cannot even read one of the 10 books I have lined up (and if you know me, you know I love to read). I can't walk more than a block without getting tired, I am not suppose to be in the sun and I am afraid to exercise because I keep getting this morbid thought that if I strain myself this port will rip out and I will bleed to death - Death by sit-ups....wonderful! I really need to get this over with so I can go back to my life of commuting, working, going to school, homework, kids soccer and complaining that I don't have enough time to fit all my stuff into one day! hahahaha

I guess that's enough bitching for today. Gotta get the house cleaned up, play fetch with the dog for 5 minutes, hunt down some ants and maybe play some Wii.....UGH!! I did not sign up for this and I do not appreciate it being handed to me!! I am going to go ahead and keep fighting, because that is what I do, but there better not be a third time around because I will be pissed and heads will roll!!! hahaha!!

Oh wait - on a positive note...Yesterday was a blast! I got to hang out with Amanda for the day (Allison's 4-year old) and we painted her toe and finger nails, watched Finding Nemo, The Santa Clause, Lilo and Stitch and The Lion King. We did 3 hours of crafts (meaning we cut up a crap load of construction paper - lol) and made a complete mess of the house - good times!! Then I went and picked up her brothers Jeremy and Connor and hung out till mom came home. While we were waiting, the boys spotted a cricket in their lego's and Jeremy decided to throw a shoe at it...making it jump at me!!! I screamed, Amanda screamed and Jeremy screamed like a girl!! Connor remained calm and was not too happy that Jeremy squished it, but did the manly thing and swept it up into the dust pan and took it to the trash...what a good boy! LOL Allison came home like 2 minutes later and we were all still laughing and trying to get over the attack of the cricket!

Have a fabulous day kids!

xoxo - Joni

1 comment:

  1. I'm rooting for you. Hoping and praying for some good news soon. And I'm glad that hanging out with Amanda brought you some happiness, even if it was only for a short while. Hang in there, girlie!

    ReplyDelete