Monday, August 23, 2010

So...why Superwoman Diaries??

I was pondering the name of my blog and thought that it sounds pretty conceited of me to refer to myself as Superwoman...so I thought I would explain where the name came from, and why I decided to embrace it.

I do what I do and I am who I am. I never thought of myself as anything extraordinary, I am just me and I have a lot on my plate. Last year a friend of mine, Ty, started referring to me as Superwoman because of all that I do manage to keep on my plate - without spilling! I always just thought it was funny and never gave it much thought. To me, I simply have a goal in sight and nothing is going to divert me from that goal - to become an RN. I already mentioned my work, school, and general life schedule which includes a lot of 18 hour days...so I guess I can see where he would get the nickname. Of course, no one will ever forget my original nickname of Joni-Butt (Thanks Norann!!)

When I decided to write the blog, I had no idea what I was going to call it...and then there goes Ty with the answer "No Surrender - The Superwoman Diaries" so I thought "oh what the hell, lets go with it!" So here we are...ready to fight crime. Now I simply have a little more on my plate, I have a new goal in sight and I am ready to reach it. I have not lost sight of my original goal though - I am still applying for the RN program in October and moving forward. I would not start until April of next year, so hopefully by that time all of this nonsense will be done with and I can get back on track!

Today's update:
Called the surgeon this morning and I have my first appointment tomorrow, hopefully followed by a biopsy by the end of the week. Then I will see the oncologist, followed by a call to my primary to get a second opinion authorization that is required by my insurance to go to City of Hope....where I originally went and where I really want to be treated.

1 comment:

  1. You are Superwoman.. but I like Joni Bologna-Butt the best! LOL I can't remember.. what my nickname was.. do you? Oh wait.. Kelly Jelly Belly! LOL Anyway, you are so strong and beautiful and we will all help you get past this so you can start the RN program next spring!!!!! Go Joni! :) LOVE YOU MISSY

    ReplyDelete